Oberon Elementary and Middle School is located in the city of Oberon, ND and is looking to hire grades (1) 2nd Grade, (1) 3rd/4th Grade and (1) 5th/6th Grade Teachers. Our ideal candidate enjoys working in small classes and collaboratively with other teachers. S/he is open to learning and trying new things-with the support of an instructional coach. We are looking for a teacher who will inspire and teach our students, who has a deep understanding of the ND standards and how to use them to guide instruction, and who would like to join the Oberon family. As an added perk, Oberon is in the process of planning and building a new school building.
We invite all qualified candidates to contact the Business Manager, Maria Dunlap, at Maria.M.Dunlap@k12.nd.us or Principal, Jordan Brown, at Jordan.Brown1@k12.nd.us for additional questions or to send your resume, contact information of 3 references, and cover letter.
Benefits: Employer paid health (single), both sides of TFFR (24.75% of your salary), vision, dental, & life, and 15 personal days.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education or higher degree
- Valid North Dakota Teaching License (or reciprocal state license)
- Valid Title I Reading/Math Credential (Title I Teacher)
- In addition, the ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, proactively seek opportunities to collaborate, be coachable, and have a growth mindset.
- Oberon School Principal
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with a strong demonstrated understanding of effective educational practices to support student success for a diverse student body. The ideal candidate will combine engaging, standards-based instruction with professionalism and enthusiasm about doing hard work for important students. We are actively seeking candidates who work effectively as teams and have the initiative and confidence to be a leader in our school community.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and promotes a safe and orderly environment
- Plan daily lessons that align to the NDDPI standards, incorporate chosen curriculum and programs, and demonstrate practices in harmony with Oberon’ educational philosophy
- Employ instructional methods and materials that are appropriate for meeting stated objectives and engage students in their learning
- Assess the accomplishments and learning progress of students on a regular basis; share these results with colleagues and families in order to continue improving student outcomes
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with parents, students, and colleagues, making provisions to be available outside the instructional day under reasonable terms for these community members when required
- Participate productively in collaborative professional learning, including Professional Learning Communities (PLCs), instructional coaching and faculty meetings
- Assist the administration in implementing the policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct outside of the classroom
- Accept a reasonable share of the responsibility for co-curricular activities
- Maintain and improve professional competence including open solicitation and application of feedback to improve professional practices
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent/Principal.